- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Close Date: December 17, 2017
- Hiring Organization: NC League of Conservation Voters
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
General Description: The North Carolina League of Conservation Voters (NCLCV) is a statewide advocacy and political organization, working to protect North Carolina’s environment and communities for nearly 50 years by holding public officials accountable for enacting policies that protect the health of our citizens and our environment. NCLCV’s mission is to advocate for sound environmental policies and elect pro-environmental candidates who will champion strong environmental protections, and who understand that North Carolina’s unique natural environment plays an integral role in our economy and quality of life.
The Development Director develops and implements the overall strategy of NCLCV’s fundraising programs, leads staff, and works with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s fundraising goals in support NCLCV’s short term and long term organizational goals.
– Designs and implements development plans for NCLCV, NCLCV Foundation, and the Conservation PAC, with support from staff and board.
– Executes development plans and timelines associated with major donors, events, and board member engagement as follows:
– Lead and grow NCLCV’s major donor program, including managing a portfolio of existing major donors, providing support and leadership for the Executive Director and other staff managing donor relationships, identifying/researching new major donors, donor solicitation, and donor stewardship.
– Oversees development events, including annual signature fundraising event, house parties, donor acquisition events, and other special events.
– Works with Board members to develop individual board engagement plans to meet fundraising goals.
– Analyzes the effectiveness of development plans to ensure fundraising goals are being met. Provides reports to colleagues, executive director, and the board.
– Partners with digital communications staff to coordinate and integrate membership stewardship, direct mail, online fundraising, and expand donor outreach capacity.
– Ensures integration with communications work and programmatic work, and works closely with staff to develop a culture of fundraising within the organization.
– Assists with organizational marketing and communications, including media outreach. Occasionally serves as the spokesperson for the organization.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Education: College Degree.
– Work Experience: Five years progressively responsible management in fundraising and experience directly soliciting major gifts. Excellent management, fundraising and communication skills. Demonstrated high comfort level with political fundraising and relationship building; non-profit experience preferred.
– Skills: Strong interpersonal and communications skills; working knowledge of state election laws and laws governing 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) operations preferred; proficient with donor and membership tracking systems (CRM), word processing, CMS, and spreadsheets. Knowledge of environmental issues desirable. Demonstrated an ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
– Capabilities: Commitment to the environment and bipartisanship; proven fundraiser; demonstrated relationship building skills; self-motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a team; solid judgment; ability to think strategically and creatively; ability to handle multiple tasks; highly organized.
– Conditions: Able to occasionally work hours in excess of stated office hours to get the job done; ability and willingness to travel. This position is based in Raleigh, NC.
Salary / Compensation
Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and 3 references to email@example.com with “Development Director” in the subject line. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please. Position open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
NCLCV is an equal opportunity employer.