- Location: North Carolina (remote)
- Close Date: 04/01/2023
- Hiring Organization: NC Conservation Network
- Contact Name: Kate Fulbright
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
The North Carolina Conservation Network is seeking candidates for a part-time, paid Affiliate Organizer Intern. The internship will be 20 hours per week during normal business hours and will run from June 5 to August 7 (dates are flexible).
The NC Conservation Network is a statewide network of approximately 70 environmental, health, and environmental justice organizations. The NC Conservation Network directly advocates for equitable and sustainable solutions for our environment and public health.
The Affiliate Organizer manages the relationships between NC Conservation Network and our partner organizations across the state. That work falls into both issue working groups and capacity building support.
The Affiliate Organizer Intern will work closely with the Affiliate Organizer to receive first-hand experience in working at a statewide environmental nonprofit. The candidate’s responsibilities will involve:
- Research and compile resources and services that NC Conservation Network can share with affiliate organizations in our weekly newsletter
- Streamline communication with affiliates to update and expand affiliate subscribers
- Research new potential affiliate organizations in NC and support outreach to recruit and connect with lapsed organizations for renewal
- Support the Affiliate Organizer in planning for trainings, webinars, and workshops
Applicants should be excited about building relationships, data-driven insight, tools and resource research, and learning more about North Carolina’s environmental community. Ideal candidates will be self-starters with a collaborative spirit.
The internship will be remote. There may also be opportunities to join us in the office occasionally, dependent upon current COVID-19 protocols. The Affiliate Organizing Intern will meet with staff over video conference. Current students enrolled at a North Carolina college or university, or those who’ve recently graduated, are preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have a major, minor or, strong interest in communications, political science, environmental studies, or public policy.
- Comfort with researching nonprofit capacity building tools, hiring platforms, and relationship management services.
- Commitment to equity and working with broad array of people.
- Ability and experience with compiling and presenting research or data.
- Demonstrated interest in progressive issues and, in particular, an interest in environmental, environmental justice and public health issues.
- Eagerness to learn new things and collaborate with our team.
- Ability to work remotely and join regularly scheduled weekly video meetings. There may also be opportunities to join us in the office occasionally, dependent upon current COVID-19 protocols.
The stipend for this internship will be $2,400 for the 8-week internship.
While applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, it is recommended to apply by April 1st. Internship is open until filled.
To apply, email both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Attn: Affiliate Organizing Intern”
NC Conservation Network is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.