- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Close Date: 12/15/2021
- Hiring Organization: NC Conservation Network
- Contact Name: Mindy Hiteshue
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Working alongside all NCCN staff, the Business Manager will provide a variety of financial, administrative, and clerical support to the organization. The Business Manager plays a key role in the day-to-day operations of NCCN as part of the support team and works under the direct supervision of NCCN’s Director of Operations and Finance.
Our office is located in downtown Raleigh, NC. Due to COVID-19 considerations, staff are currently going into the office on a voluntary basis only, and are working from home the remainder of the time. However, candidates for this position should expect in-office work at least three days a week after a more formal re-opening of the office (to be determined).
- allocate and provide detail for all financial transactions
- maintain and monitor monthly bank statements
- maintain the company QuickBooks file, including making journal entries
- make regular approved payments
- make regular check deposits
- review semi-monthly payroll
- provide monthly and quarterly financial reports
- assist in preparation of materials for annual financial audit and tax filing, including updating internal control documentation and accrued vacation chart
- work with staff to ensure compliance with Credit Card Policy
- serve as point-person with outsourced accounting firm
- ensure compliance with tax filings for employees and contract workers
- other related financial tasks as needed
- monitor timesheets and send regular reminders to staff
- file lobby registrations, resignations, and quarterly reports
- perform payroll verifications for staff
- serve as lead on staff celebrations and events
- prepare materials and secure logistics for select meetings and events
- manage time-off through software portal
- assist with onboarding and offboarding staff and interns
- serve as point person on workplace giving program
- ensure adherence to Document Retention and Destruction Policy
- open and sort mail
- respond to general inquiry emails and phone calls
- purchase office supplies and maintain office space
- serve as liaison for building management
- maintain relationships with key vendors
- other related items as needed
- minimum five years of administrative and/or financial support
- understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and standards for nonprofit organizations
- excellent written and verbal skills
- strong attention to detail and time management skills
- skill in the use of the following software programs: Microsoft Word and Excel, and QuickBooks
- ability to independently perform duties with speed and accuracy
- ability to work as part of a team, and maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public
- experience with event planning and logistics
- willingness to take on new tasks and projects, as appropriate
- North Carolina notary (or interest in becoming one)
The salary scale for this position is $50,000 – $55,000, commensurate with applicable work experience. Employment with NC Conservation Network includes a full benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and retirement, as well as generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday time.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Attn: Business Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Wednesday, December 15th 2021. The cover letter can be addressed to: Mindy Hiteshue, Director of Operations and Finance, NC Conservation Network.
NC Conservation Network works with a population that is diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, class, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, and physical and mental ability. We believe in the need for and the value of this diversity as part of any part of society. It is the policy of NC Conservation Network to work actively to build and maintain a program, a staff, and a Board that reflect this belief. NC Conservation Network is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, sex, gender identity, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NC Conservation Network will be based solely on merit, qualifications, and skillset.
Prior to the organization making an offer of employment, the final candidate must provide either 1) proof of COVID-19 vaccination; or 2) a qualified exemption form.