- Location: See Job Description
- Close Date: 01/31/2022
- Hiring Organization: NC Conservation Network
- Contact Name: Peter Walz
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Carolina Conservation Network is seeking candidates for the position of Civic Engagement Organizer. This is a full time, temporary position running through Nov 30, 2022.
The NC Conservation Network is a statewide network of approximately 75 environmental, health, and environmental justice organizations. The NC Conservation Network directly advocates for equitable and sustainable solutions for our environment and public health. The Civic Engagement Organizer will play a critical role in NC Conservation Network’s issue advocacy, public outreach, and efforts to boost voter turnout in North Carolina.
Location: This position will include in-person responsibilities and regular travel across the state, particularly to work with the college fellows in Charlotte, Boone, Greensboro, Greenville, Wilmington, and the Triangle. Typically, our staff all work out of our downtown Raleigh office but currently most of our staff work remotely now when not at meetings or events. Overall, this position can be done remotely when not travelling and working with campus fellows, although ideally candidates will be able to work out of to the Raleigh office when it is safe to do so.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Helping to coordinate and manage our student fellow program, which includes a number of students organizing on college campuses across North Carolina.
- Mobilizing historically disenfranchised voters in a non-partisan Get-Out-the-Vote program, with particular focus on college campuses.
- Training and coordinating our campus fellows to educate their community and campus on where/when/how to vote in 2022.
- Training and coordinating our campus fellows to engage their community and campus on key environmental issues, including support for climate action.
- Helping staff and campus fellows with various events and issue campaign organizing opportunities.
Applicants should be excited about collaborating with college students and have a passion for environmental issues and helping to educate the public about voting in North Carolina.
- BA/BS, preferably in political science, public policy, communications, or environmental studies/science.
- Understanding of the key components of constituent advocacy, state level nonprofits, politics, policy-makers, and media – especially in North Carolina.
- Experience with voter education and voter mobilization campaigns.
- Strong communication, networking, and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and motivating volunteers/activists, ideally students.
- An ability and passion for working with a diverse cross-section of people in North Carolina.
- Comfort with technology and database management.
- Comfort working non-traditional hours, including occasional weekends and evenings.
- Commitment to environmental justice and protecting at risk-communities, particularly communities of color.
- 2-4 years of professional experience within an advocacy organization or in organizing issue campaigns.
This is a full-time but temporary position that will end on Nov. 30 of 2022. The salary for this position will be $3400 monthly and includes a monthly stipend for health care coverage as well as paid time off.
While applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, it is recommended to apply no later than January 10. Position is open until filled. To apply, email both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Attn: Civic Engagement Organizer”
NC Conservation Network is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.