- Location: River Network’s headquarters are in Boulder, CO. While this is a possible location for this position, we recognize that the ideal candidate may not be located near this geography. Our priority is hiring the best candidate for this position regardless of location.
- Close Date: 1/17/2020
- Hiring Organization: River Network
POSITION SUMMARY: River Network seeks a highly organized and results-driven professional to manage the organization’s clean-up and other community engagement events that match corporate interests in clean water, healthy rivers, and other social responsibility goals with opportunities to support local communities and nonprofit organizations across our nationwide network. This position will maintain and expand River Network’s existing corporate relationships and support our goals related to network engagement, including as sponsors of our annual conference (River Rally) and increase investment and engagement in local projects that restore water quality and quantity. Find out more about our current corporate engagement here. This position will work closely with program, marketing, and philanthropy colleagues as well as leadership team members to achieve their objectives in alignment with River Network’s current strategic plan. The Manager will have strong experience in managing and delivering events, tracking and evaluating results, public speaking, and working with and engaging diverse audiences.
ABOUT RIVER NETWORK: River Network envisions a future of clean and ample water for people and nature, where local caretakers are well-equipped, effective and courageous champions for our rivers. River Network’s mission is to empower and unite people and communities to protect and restore rivers and other waters that sustain all life. Visit www.rivernetwork.org to learn more about our current priorities. Our headquarters are in Boulder, Colorado and we have staff located in communities across the U.S. We are committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas to achieve our mission – explore our core values and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, our explanation for why equity, diversity an inclusion are the foundation of our mission, and our principles for equitable and inclusive work. Through our programs, we seek to connect with all communities and increase the impact of their efforts to secure clean and ample water. Through our internal practices and external leadership, we seek an inclusive workplace culture that attracts diverse staff, board, members, and supporters.
- Leads the design and delivery of River Network’s community and corporate engagement in partnership with other staff and support from associates and interns.
- Designs and oversees data collection efforts associated with corporate deliverables, allowing River Network to track impact and results. This may include creating, maintaining, and updating internal systems for data collection and analysis such as apps, surveys and other technology.
- Researches, writes, produces and rolls out toolkit to help community organizations develop community-supported marine litter management initiatives.
- Expands existing corporate relationships and partnership opportunities to grow corporate support for River Network and impact toward clean water, healthy rivers, and CSR goals under the guidance of River Network’s Director of Philanthropy.
- Delivers communications and marketing goals of corporate partnerships under the guidance of River
Network’s Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Communicates persuasively with diverse audiences through phone conversations, personal visits, written proposals, appeal letters, and reports.
- Contributes to organizational evolution and team discussions, fosters productive work relationships with others, and follows River Network practices, procedures, and policies.
- Occasional travel to ensure corporate satisfaction and community engagement through event execution, and to steward existing corporate relationships, including evenings and weekends (up to 20%).
- Three to five years of professional experience planning and executing events and leading data collection, analysis and evaluation activities.
- Strong people skills and public speaking experience, with proven ability to engage diverse audiences – individually and in groups.
- Strong research and writing skills, with proven experience developing compelling and clear prose for specific audiences.
- Highly detail-oriented, with proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering assignments within stringent deadlines. This position requires discretion and confidentiality.
- Savvy with technology, with proficiency in project management approaches and technologies, MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, SharePoint), software related to data collection at and after events (e.g., gravity forms, Survey Monkey, etc.), and organizational record storage and improvement (Salesforce, etc.).
- Alignment with River Network’s core values of respect, integrity, balance, growth, inclusion and strength.
- Professional experience working with companies and/or community-based organizations
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in corporate social and environmental responsibility.
- Knowledge of river conservation, current issues within the water arena, and equity, inclusion and diversity.
- Ability to manage project budgets.
- Experience engaging with a geographically dispersed team.
Full time, exempt, with salary of $55,000-$58,000/year (depending upon experience) plus comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, and vision health insurance; 403b retirement savings plan; vacation and sick leave; employee assistance program; life insurance; technology stipend; and paid holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume as one integrated PDF or Word document to Diana Toledo (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Community Engagement Manager” in the subject line of the email. References, work samples, simulations, and questions will be part of the selection process. Applicant review and interviews will be on a rolling basis, and all applications must be submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, January 17, 2020. No phone calls please. The successful applicant must also meet the requirements of River Network’s background screening process. Consistent with our values and our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion as stated above, River Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.