- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Close Date: 02/20/2023
- Hiring Organization: NC Conservation Network
- Contact Name: Brian Buzby
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
NC Conservation Network (NCCN) is seeking candidates for the position of Development Associate. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Raleigh, NC. NC Conservation Network is a statewide network of approximately 75 environmental, health, and environmental justice organizations. NC Conservation Network directly advocates for equitable and sustainable solutions for our environment and public health.
Working alongside all NCCN staff, the Development Associate will serve as an integral part of the organization’s fundraising efforts and will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. The Development Associate will manage donor tracking and engagement; write development materials such as proposals, grants, and donor updates; ensure compliance with funder deadlines and expectations; and provide additional development support for key areas of the organization’s fundraising work.
Our office is located in downtown Raleigh, NC. Due to COVID-19 considerations, staff are currently going into the office or working in the field twice a week, and are working from home the remainder of the time. NOTE: NCCN is continually re-assessing the hybrid work environment (with input from staff), and expectations may change going forward based on collective feedback and the organization’s needs.
- Donor tracking and engagement (40%)
- Continue ongoing engagement with existing donors
- Track incoming gifts and lead follow-up communication
- Identify and develop new individual donor prospects
- Respond to donor inquiries
- Work with the Board of Directors on fundraising outreach
- Maintain an accurate and updated donor database with the ability to create reports and generate mailing lists
- Serve as point person for new and/or expanded development opportunities as identified by the organization
- Spearhead ideas for new engagement opportunities
- Creating and writing materials (30%)
- Write grant/contract proposals and reports
- Write donor updates and fundraising appeals
- Work with Executive Director to integrate feedback and edits on drafted materials
- Update donor acknowledgement templates
- Serve as lead on annual report creation, including coordination with staff and writing key text
- Reporting and compliance (20%)
- Create, maintain, and ensure compliance with updated calendar of development activities, including due dates for grant reports and proposals and scheduled donor outreach
- Ensure compliance with privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- Provide regular financial and analytical reports on donor activity and fundraising campaigns
- Identify donor trends and provide recommendations
- Maintain profiles on third-party charity giving websites
- Additional development support (10%)
- Compile and provide in a timely manner requested advance materials for large donor/funder meetings
- Assist in select areas of annual audit preparation
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend Advisory Council meetings
- Minimum three years of non-profit development and/or administrative experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent judgment and professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project and data management skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to anticipate and plan for future needs
- Willingness to take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Proficiency in fundraising database software (Salesforce experience, or willingness to learn)
- High ethical standard and ability to maintain donor confidentiality
The salary scale for this position is $45,000 – $60,000, commensurate with applicable work experience. Employment with NC Conservation Network includes a full benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and retirement, as well as generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday time. Health, dental, and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
NC Conservation Network works with a population that is diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, class, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, and physical and mental ability. We believe in the need for and the value of this diversity as part of any part of society. It is the policy of NC Conservation Network to work actively to build and maintain a program, a staff, and a Board that reflect this belief. NC Conservation Network is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, sex, gender identity, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NC Conservation Network will be based solely on merit, qualifications, and skillset.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Attn: Development Associate” to brian [at] ncconservationnetwork.org, by February 20, 2023. The cover letter can be addressed to: Brian Buzby, Executive Director, NC Conservation Network.