- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Close Date: February 20, 2019
- Hiring Organization: Clean Air Carolina
- Contact Email: email@example.com.
- Job Website
Clean Air Carolina (CAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization working since 2003 for cleaner air and solutions to climate change. CAC works to raise North Carolina’s air quality to exceed that of scientific recommendations. Energized by the research-proven fact that even the smallest air pollutants are toxic to our health and by the urgency of pollution-induced climate change, CAC is driven by its mission:
To ensure cleaner air quality for all North Carolinians through education and advocacy and by working with our partners to reduce sources of pollution.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with a satellite office in the Research Triangle Park, CAC uses a broad range of educational and advocacy programs to achieve its mission. Partners include schools and universities, government agencies, medical and health professionals, scientists and citizen scientists, community groups, nonprofit organizations, the faith community, and businesses.
Clean Air Carolina (CAC) is seeking a dynamic team leader who will plan and direct a comprehensive fundraising program in alignment with CAC’s mission and core values. The Development Manager will oversee all revenue generating activities including our annual campaign, special events, corporate sponsorships, planned giving, and major gifts. The ideal candidate should be outgoing, team-oriented, have more than six years of fundraising experience with a non-profit, and a strong commitment to helping grow philanthropy to extend CAC’s reach beyond Charlotte. This position reports to the Executive Director and is based in CAC’s Charlotte office.
- Development Strategy and Execution: Sets development goals, targets, and strategies and implements an annual development plan accounting for grants, individual giving at all levels, online and mail solicitations, and events. Monitors metrics, as well as trends in the field of fundraising, and adapts strategies as needed.
- Grants and Foundation Giving: Maintains the calendar of foundation grants. Leads grant writing and reporting processes with input from the executive director and program staff.
- Major Donor Solicitation and Stewardship: Responsible for attracting, retaining, and cultivating major donors in concert with Executive Director. Coordinates the work of staff, board members, and other volunteers, to attract and steward major donors.
- Donor Engagement: Develops and oversees a comprehensive engagement strategy to attract and retain individual donors, including integrating fundraising into organizational campaigns and activities.
- Events: Manages fundraising events to attract and retain donors and oversees fundraising aspects of other events. Secures and manages relationships with event sponsors.
- Fundraising Systems: Works with Membership Manager to build and maintain fundraising systems for the organization, including database and data integrity, acknowledgment systems, donor communications, reporting, and other systems and organizational habits as needed. Participates in the organization’s annual budgeting process.
- Board and Staff Engagement: Engages Board of Directors and staff to expand the donor network and ensure that donors are connected to all aspects of the organization. Responsible for supporting and training the Board’s Development Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of six (6) years of non-profit fundraising experience
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in fundraising activities including membership, special events, and annual giving
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors including foundations and corporate entities
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $10,000 or more
- Proficiency with fundraising databases
- Articulate and professional with a positive attitude
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to travel and work some evenings and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Office Suite
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge 7, Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
- Planned giving knowledge
Salary / Compensation
The work environment requires someone that is a self-starter, confident, responsible, reliable, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented. The individual must be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment and work well independently and as part of a team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a pioneering nonprofit’s development efforts. This full-time (40 hours per week) position requires occasional evening meetings, weekend work, and overnight travel. Clean Air Carolina offers a competitive compensation package to include 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision coverage, and generous paid time off (PTO) and company paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply here by February 20, 2019. Expected start date is mid to late March 2019.
Clean Air Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, or sensory or physical handicap, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and needs of the organization.