- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Close Date: August 23, 2019
- Hiring Organization: Yadkin Riverkeeper
- Contact Name: Edgar Miller
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Yadkin Riverkeeper, Inc. is seeking to hire a part-time contract position (approximately 15-20 hours per week) to assist it in:
1) organizing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) trainings for board and staff,
2) developing programming resources for communities of color, and
3) researching internal DEI policies.
1) Assist the YRK executive director in organizing and conducting racial diversity and equity training for the YRK Board and staff.
2) Develop communication messages, outreach materials, educational curriculum and social media content designed for communities of color, including bi-lingual publications and information.
3) Work with the Yadkin Riverkeeper to identify water quality, public health and community economic development issues impacting communities of color in the Forsyth County portion of the Yadkin River watershed.
4) Work with the Yadkin Riverkeeper to develop on-line information on water quality issues and monitoring programs impacting communities of color.
5) Assist the executive director and Board in researching, developing and implementing internal organizational diversity policies.
1) Experience/interest in community outreach and organizing in communities of color.
2) College-level courses or comparable experiences in environmental science, education, communications, and marketing.
3) Willingness to work on different tasks within the broader context of making YRK a more diverse and inclusive organization.
4) Working knowledge of Photoshop, PowerPoint, Square Space website design, Canva, and other graphic design programs.
Salary / Compensation
Please send a cover letter and resume by August 23, 2019, to:
846 W. 4th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101