- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Close Date: 12/05/2020
- Hiring Organization: Yadkin Riverkeeper
- Contact Name: Edgar Miller
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
Yadkin Riverkeeper, Inc. is seeking to hire a part-time contract position (approximately 20-25 hours per week) to assist it in:
1) identifying and reaching out to communities of color on water quality and environmental justice issues,
2) developing outreach materials and educational programming for communities of color and YRK in general,
3) updating YRK’s diversity plan and goals in conjunction with the YRK board, and
4) researching and recommending internal organizational policies to promote YRK’s DEI goals.
1) Develop communication messages, outreach materials, educational curriculum, and social media content designed for communities of color, including bi-lingual publications and information.
2) Work with the Yadkin Riverkeeper to identify water quality, public health, and community economic development issues impacting communities of color in the Forsyth County portion of the Yadkin River watershed.
3) Work with the Yadkin Riverkeeper to develop on-line information on water quality issues and monitoring programs impacting communities of color.
4) Assist the executive director and Board in researching, developing, and implementing internal organizational diversity policies.
5) Represent YRK in state and regional environmental justice initiatives
1) Experience/interest in community outreach and organizing in communities of color.
2) College level courses or comparable experiences in environmental science, education, communications, and/or marketing.
3) Willingness to work on different tasks within the broader context of making YRK a more diverse and inclusive organization.
4) Working knowledge of Photoshop, PowerPoint, Square Space website design, Canva, and other graphic design programs.
5) Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Video production experience a plus.
$15-$20/hr for 20-25 hours per week.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to:
846 W. 4th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101