- Location: Clinton, NC (Hybrid)
- Close Date: 11/30/2023
- Hiring Organization: Environmental Justice Community Action Network
- Job Website
The Environmental Justice Community Action Network (EJCAN) is seeking a full-time staff person to join our impactful research team. The role of the position includes field-based environmental research support based out of the offices of EJCAN in Clinton, NC. The staff will gain broad knowledge and experience at the intersection of aerosol science, environmental exposures, and human health, working with Research Triangle Institute (RTI), a non-profit research institute based in Durham, NC.
Responsibilities include daily communication between EJCAN and the RTI team for field operations, deploy air sensors and collect air and drinking water samples to ship to RTI’s headquarters, troubleshoot/replace any malfunctioning air sensors during project, download real-time sensor data and upload to project folders, and aid in participant recruitment and other project activities in the Clinton, NC surrounding communities for our ongoing projects.
- Minimum of an Associates degree with work experience in applied science, environmental science, engineering, community research, or related science.
- Aptitude for working with mechanical and electrical systems along with experience deploying and maintaining air pollution sensing devices.
- Strong computer skills especially with word processors and spreadsheet data analysis (graphing, performing basic statistical analyses, etc.).
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to successfully implement experimental test plans and follow standard operating procedures to perform required measurements with high accuracy and precision.
- Highly interactive interpersonal skills for effective communication with project team members and other personnel (including engineers, scientists, technicians, clients, vendors, etc.). Ability to work equally well independently and as part of a larger team.
- Strong time management skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 1 to 3 years of industrial, laboratory and/or research experience is preferred.
Other desired experience (one or more):
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office or similar tool, especially data spreadsheet such as Excel.
- Knowledge of air quality sensors, such as PurpleAir or Airnote.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We believe all communities in North Carolina deserve clean and safe air, water, and soil.
Environmental Justice is a social justice, economic justice, and civil rights issue.
EJCAN informs, educates, and empowers communities to confront environmental injustice by advocating for change.Learn More