- Close Date: 07/13/2020
- Hiring Organization: Blueprint NC
- Job Website
The Finance & Operations Strategist will operationalize Blueprint’s equity values in key organizational systems including financial management, human resources, organizational planning and assessment, and operations. This is a full-time position 65-70k plus benefits. The priority application deadline is Monday, July 13.
The Finance & Operations Strategist reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the staff Leadership Team (executive director and two deputies) to:
- Facilitate the development of organizational budgets.
- Implement financial management practices to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IRS reporting requirements
- Develop financial systems that align with organizational equity values.
- Oversee systems and processes for grant management, including submission, reporting, and compliance.
Human Resources and Staff Development
- Supports the maintenance of a workplace culture aligned with Blueprint’s values.
- Maintain job descriptions, coordination of staff hiring and orientation, and annual employee review processes.
- Ensure quality management of employee benefits, including health care.
- Ensure compliance with federal and NC labor standards and legal requirements, including recordkeeping.
- Supervise staff that carry out key operational responsibilities (financial, operations, and administrative).
- Review and keep current all organization policies and procedures.
- Manage implementation of technology across the organization to improve operations.
- Oversee facilities planning, oversight and management.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership experience in operations, human resources, finance, or related field for a mission-driven organization or government agency
- Experience with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) especially in non-profit settings.
- Proficiency in word processing software (GSuite or Microsoft Office required); experience with productivity tools a plus.
- Commitment to supporting a movement for an anti-racist, inclusive democracy.
- Commitment to strive for equity and belonging in organizational culture.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, time management and problem-solving skills with diverse stakeholders.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks
- Experience in lending operations support to movement-building organizations
- Familiarity with applicable 501c3 compliance standards and grant requirements.
Salary is commensurate with experience, but will range from $65-70,000 annually. Benefits include retirement and medical, dental and vision insurance.
In lieu of a cover letter, use this form (https://form.jotform.com/201178007742147) to submit answers to the questions and submit your resume and three references. While we will take applications on a rolling basis, our priority deadline is July 13.
- We believe providing top-tier finance and operations support to organizations leading the charge for an anti-racist democracy is a unique movement capacity. Why have you chosen to do this work in a social justice context?
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this role?
- To what extent has pursuing racial or other types of equity and inclusion been a priority in your prior finance and/or operations role(s), and how did you approach it?
No phone calls, please.
Blueprint NC is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, economic class, or status as a formerly convicted/incarcerated person.