- Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Close Date: 12/31/2021
- Hiring Organization: Southern Environmental Law Center
- Job Website
The Southern Environmental Law Center has opened a new Legal Administrative Assistant position in its Chapel Hill, NC office. The principal responsibilities of this position are to provide basic administrative support to several attorneys in the office and serve a key role in those attorneys’ performance of their program and litigation efforts.
- Provides legal support to assigned attorneys by preparing and filing pleadings and public comments; performing research; preparing reports, fact sheets, graphics and presentations; preparing and assisting at hearings and depositions; managing and assisting with discovery and public records requests; and proofreading, editing and processing documents, as well as performing other case-related tasks.
- Provides administrative support to assigned attorneys by managing calendars, organizing and facilitating meetings, booking travel, preparing expense reports, and organizing and maintaining records and files.
- Provides general office support by backing up the receptionist, helping other legal assistants as needed, assisting with meetings and events, and adhering to established systems and procedures.
- Two years of legal experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with a team of attorneys and other administrative staff.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Positive attitude.
- Environmental interest preferred.
Compensation: SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental non-profits nationally and provides an excellent benefits package. For more details about our benefits package, please visit our Careers page.
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to be directed to an online application where you may upload your application materials. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. There is no deadline to submit applications, however interested persons should apply immediately. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position if filled.