- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Close Date: February 15, 2019
- Hiring Organization: North Carolina Conservation Network
- Contact Name: Michael Scipioni
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
The North Carolina Conservation Network seeks a hard-working individual to help us call environmental activists and the public around important clean water, clean air, and clean energy issues in North Carolina. This is a part-time, temporary position based in downtown Raleigh, NC.
The person hired for this position will help the Conservation Network contact our activists and other North Carolinians through personal phone calls. The caller will educate and engage them in important North Carolina environmental issues such as clean water, clean energy, and public health. These are not for fundraising purposes.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working from our Raleigh office, calling a targeted list of people and having a brief conversation with them about an issue (we provide talking points and script),
• Identifying people who are concerned about this issue and help to move them to action (not fundraising),
• Making hundreds of phone calls per day,
• Accurately recording information after completing each call.
An ideal candidate has:
• Excellent communication skills and comfort speaking with strangers,
• Interest in environmental protection and other public interest issues,
• Comfort with technology,
• Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
Logistics and Requirements:
• Availability to work 3-4 days a week for about 4 hours per day (Mondays through Fridays). Hours worked would be a 4-hour window between 10am-5pm. Some flexibility within those days/times and number of hours worked.
• Number of hours will vary from week to week, but generally will be 12-16 hours per week. Position is likely to continue through June 2019, with potential opportunities in the future.
• The calls will be made from our office in downtown Raleigh, NC. Calling from home or another location is not an option.
Salary / Compensation
Application Instructions: Email resume and brief cover letter to Michael Scipioni, Public Action Organizer: email@example.com with subject line “ATTN: Phone bank caller”. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posted January 14th, hiring immediately and until position is filled.