- Location: RTP, NC
- Close Date: February 20, 2019
- Hiring Organization: Clean Air Carolina
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
Clean Air Carolina (CAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization working since 2003 for cleaner air and solutions to climate change. CAC works to raise North Carolina’s air quality to exceed that of scientific recommendations. Energized by the research-proven fact that even the smallest air pollutants are toxic to our health and by the urgency of pollution-induced climate change, CAC is driven by its mission:
To ensure cleaner air quality for all North Carolinians through education and advocacy and by working with our partners to reduce sources of pollution.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with a satellite office in the Research Triangle Park, CAC uses a broad range of educational and advocacy programs to achieve its mission. Partners include schools and universities, government agencies, medical and health professionals, scientists and citizen scientists, community groups, nonprofit organizations, the faith community, and businesses.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for developing, executing, and managing CAC’s communications strategy using content that elevates our reputation as a statewide advocacy organization and increases revenue. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled communicator who can convey new and compelling content through print and electronic media in alignment with CAC’s mission and core values. This position reports to the Executive Director and is based in CAC’s Research Triangle Park office.
- Develop, execute, and manage a communications strategy to advance CAC’s brand identity, broaden awareness of our programs and priorities, and increase organizational visibility and connection with key audiences
- Create, schedule, publish and manage engaging content across our web, email, and social media platforms to drive new membership, engage current membership, and attract strategic partners
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience
- Lead copywriting and website content creation using WordPress
- Derive and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for engagement, conversion rate, and effectiveness of communications
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for community partners, staff and volunteers to give feedback on the effectiveness of CAC teams and programs
- Manage graphic designers and other external communications resources to produce relevant content
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, marketing or similar field and five years or more of professional experience in the field of communications
- Demonstrated experience developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners and the media with staff
- Experience with public relations strategies and brand development and standards
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and content design capabilities
- Fluency in and experience with interpreting and reporting web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (Hootsuite), and leading social media monitoring platforms
- Tech savvy and ease with new products
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Passionate about Clean Air Carolina‘s mission and able to promote, demonstrate, and communicate the mission, values, and achievements of CAC to others
Salary / Compensation
The work environment requires someone that is a self-starter, confident, responsible, reliable, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented. The individual must be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment and work well independently and as part of a team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a pioneering nonprofit’s marketing and communications efforts. This full-time (40 hours per week) position requires occasional evening meetings, weekend work, and overnight travel. CAC offers a competitive compensation package.
Apply here by February 20, 2019. Expected start date is mid to late March 2019.
Clean Air Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, or sensory or physical handicap, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and needs of the organization.