- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Close Date: 07/15/2022
- Hiring Organization: Piedmont Environmental Alliance
- Contact Name: Jamie Maier
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
Piedmont Environmental Alliance seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented Marketing & Events Coordinator to increase the organization’s visibility and plan top-notch, engaging events.
Who We Are:
Piedmont Environmental Alliance (PEA) works every day to educate and empower people of all ages, build community, and inspire action to create a more just, resilient, and environmentally sustainable Piedmont Triad. Based in Winston-Salem, NC, PEA’s innovative education programs, annual events, and community-based advocacy projects engage thousands of volunteers, students, faith communities, businesses, and partner organizations in climate and environmental action. Learn more at www.peanc.org.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will manage PEA’s marketing efforts and coordinate key events for the organization. Effective candidates will be excellent writers and detail-oriented planners, with Canva savvy and an eye for compelling visuals. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and grow the organization’s digital marketing program, including:
- Writing and sending email content that engages PEA’s membership, raises money, and advocates for action to create a more sustainable community.
- Overseeing the organization’s social media presence and posting compelling content to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Developing Canva graphics in line with branding to support social media, emails, website, and events.
Regularly updating the PEA website and blog.
- Developing Google ad campaigns and leading other digital advertising efforts.
- Collecting and analyzing key metrics for all online marketing.
- Serving as chair of the PEA Marketing Committee.
Partnering with other nonprofit organizations to reach new audiences through email campaigns and events.
- Coordinate key events for PEA, including the PEA Annual Party, monthly education events, and annual fundraising events.
Key tactics include:
- Developing event proposals with goals and action steps.
- Planning event logistics and volunteer needs.
- Leading marketing efforts for all events.
- Engage local media outlets through press releases and advisories.
- Act as an ambassador for PEA in the community by attending community events, building connections with individuals and groups, and collecting information and donations.
- Support organizational fundraising through designed materials that make the case for our mission and programs.
We are looking for you, if:
- You are a polished writer who understands how to effectively communicate online and in-person.
- You like using data-driven metrics to achieve goals and impact the community.
- You possess superior organizational skills and have a knack for logistics.
- You manage your time effectively and are comfortable working on multiple projects or events simultaneously.
- You are passionate about protecting our climate and our planet, and have taken action to get involved in the issues you care about.
- You like to communicate, build relationships, and work as part of a team to achieve big impact.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, and a minimum of two years of experience working in digital marketing.
This is a part-time position for 25 hours per week (with potential for additional hours as resources allow). The salary range is $20,000 – $24,000/annually, commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation days, and personal days. Team members have the option to work remotely for up to half of their hours and flexibility to set a work schedule that serves the individual and the organization.
Submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why this opportunity is exciting to you to email@example.com. Please reference “Marketing & Events Coordinator” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is July 15. No phone calls please. Piedmont Environmental Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from a diverse background to apply.