- Location: Asheville, NC
- Close Date: February 18, 2019
- Hiring Organization: Southern Environmental Law Center
The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking a full time office administrative assistant to join our Asheville, NC office. With offices across the region SELC uses law and policy expertise to protect the South’s natural resources—its land, air, water, coast and wetlands—and to preserve our rural countryside and community character. Although our regional focus is the Southeast, much of our work is national in scope and impact.
The principal responsibilities of the office administrative assistant are to perform and coordinate administrative functions and provide support for the work of the office. This support will fall into two main categories. The assistant will have a full range of administrative responsibilities supporting the staff generally and helping maintain an efficient and well organized office. In addition, the assistant will be involved in legal tasks such as court filings and possible research tasks, as needed.
The Southern Environmental Law Center places an emphasis on employee growth and satisfaction, and as a member of this team, the assistant will have numerous opportunities to make valuable contributions to our work.
SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Come join SELC and help make a difference in our region.
• Performs administrative duties of Asheville office.
• Provides general clerical support for the office, including answering phones, greeting visitors, interacting with vendors, running errands, maintaining shared spaces, booking travel, preparing expense reports and maintaining filing systems.
• Responds to public inquiries about SELC.
• Supports meetings, proceedings and events.
• Provides support to SELC staff, including court filings, research, processing and other legal and administrative tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Prior office experience required
• Ability to work closely and professionally with a team of attorneys and other staff.
• Must work efficiently under deadlines.
• Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
• Detail oriented.
• Well organized.
• Positive attitude.
• Paralegal certification and/or environmental experience preferred.
Salary / Compensation
SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental non-profits nationally, and provides a strong benefits package.
Please visit https://www.southernenvironment.org/about-selc/careers/open-positions/southern-environmental-law-center-office-administrative-assistant. More information about the position, SELC, and application instructions can be found there.