- Location: Triangle Area, NC
- Close Date: August 31, 2019
- Hiring Organization: Every Tray Counts
- Contact Name: Luma Kennedy
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Job Website
Social Media Intern (unpaid internship)
Are you looking for a positive, strategic, and impactful position as a 2019 Social Media Intern?
Join Every Tray Counts, the non-profit changing the way North Carolina students think about their environmental impact by helping NC public schools move towards sustainable lunchrooms!
Every Tray Counts works with children, parents, and communities to promote responsible purchasing and waste diversion practices in North Carolina schools by replacing lunchroom polystyrene trays with a sustainable alternative, and by diverting lunchroom compostable materials away from landfills. Since 2013, we’ve replaced 10 million polystyrene trays with compostable tray and diverted over 50 tons of compostable waste away from the landfill.
We need your help to spread our mission across North Carolina!
• Collecting and creating content for a variety of social media platforms
(Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) with a strong focus on Facebook
• Reviewing analytics of social media campaigns to determine improvements
• Developing images and video using Canva, Adobe Suite, or other
• Ensuring the quality of social media posts
• Assisting with other general marketing campaigns as needed, including
emails, webinars, etc.
• Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications or similar concentration
• Interested in and have experience with social media
• Prepared to join Every Tray Counts at events to collect
photos, videos, and testimonials (optional)
• Flexible and have a desire to work on a variety of projects
• Able to produce engaging posts for Facebook and Instagram
• Interested in working from home, weekend work possible with automatically scheduling posts during the week.
• Able to work 2-5 hours/week and to respond to social media inquiries in a
Salary / Compensation
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enclose availability, resume (including a Linkedin link if available), cover letter and 2 references.