- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Close Date: 1/31/2020
- Hiring Organization: Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation
- Contact Name: Brandon Jones
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Job Website
The Technical Manager will be responsible for both field and lab work related to Catawba Riverkeeper’s water monitoring programs and will serve as a resource for the Source Water Protection Plan program in both research and public presentation capacities. The successful candidate will have a strong background and aptitude with GIS and a comfort level with basic field and lab monitoring practices.
The Technical Manager reports directly to the Riverkeeper and oversees all water quality sampling and testing programs at the direction of the Riverkeeper. The Technical Manager will be responsible for equipment calibration and maintenance, field sampling, in house lab testing, database management, research projects that support organizational initiatives, and creation of project reports.
In addition, the Technical Manager will serve as the GIS Specialist for the Source Water Protection Plan in collaboration with the Catawba-Wateree Initiative. In this role, the candidate will analyze and interpret data in order to help design and implement a watershed scale Source Water Protection Plan for the Catawba-Wateree river basin. Candidate should demonstrate a high commitment to educating various stakeholder groups and the general public on the importance of ecosystem services, stewardship, and source water protection. This position will also serve as the “help desk” for users of the watershed modeling tool as needed.
Day to Day Duties:
• Plan, oversee, and execute CRF’s water monitoring programs.
• Plan, oversee, and execute research projects as assigned.
• Oversee all Swim Guide summer interns.
• Oversee the Source Water Protection Plan GIS program.
• Presentations, Help Desk, and Training for the watershed monitoring tool.
• Other duties as assigned by the Riverkeeper.
• Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, geography, environmental science, or related field.
• Must exhibit an aptitude with GIS (Microsoft Access, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Pro).
• Must demonstrate basic GIS geoprocessing tools like clip, merge, buffer, and relating tables.
• ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Associate Certification preferred.
• Must be familiar with basic field and lab best practices.
• Must be a team player willing to step into a variety of roles within the organization.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license at all times.
This is a full time, salaried position that includes a strong benefits package. Compensation is commiserated with the applicant’s experience within the $35,000 – $45,000 per year range. This position will begin in Jan/Feb 2020.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.