- Location: North Carolina
- Close Date: March 27, 2019
- Hiring Organization: Friends of Plant Conservation
- Contact Name: Alvin Braswell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Job Website
The Friends of Plant Conservation, in coordination with the North Carolina Plant Conservation Program (PCP), is currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to provide fundraising efforts, community relations, and coordination of volunteers to perform activities related to ecological stewardship on selected PCP Preserves. The Program’s mission is to conserve the imperiled native plant species of North Carolina in their native habitats. Friends of Plant Conservation (FoPC) will support the contract for a time-limited part-time position (up to 20 hours per week). This position will be guaranteed funding for 16 months. Applying for grants and conducting fundraising efforts to keep the position funded beyond 16 months is desired. At that time, the position may be evaluated and refined to meet the continuing needs of PCP/FoPC. Interested persons should visit the Friends of Plant Conservation web site for a full description of the job, applicant qualifications desired, and application form. Application deadline is 27 March 2019.
Primary duties include fundraising efforts and finding and training volunteers to work onsite at PCP Preserves to accomplish assigned management tasks.
• Experience with face to face fundraising or organizing a campaign.
• Contemporary principles and practices of volunteer management and supervision.
• Ability to lead, coordinate and motivate volunteers in the field.
• Ability to provide both oral and written communication that is easily understood and direct in its content. Exceptional communication skills are necessary to communicate the message of the Program to potential volunteers or donors.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful and productive working relationships with department staff, citizen groups, government officials, volunteers, community organizations and the general public.
• A detail-oriented individual is desired due to the large volumes of data the candidate will manage including lists of volunteer names, phone numbers, and media contacts.
• Must be highly self-directed, well organized and comfortable completing tasks with a minimum of supervision.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
• Valid Driver’s License.
Salary / Compensation
$22/hr plus travel and per diem. Worker’s Comp coverage provided.
Interested persons should visit the Friends of Plant Conservation web site for a full description of the job, applicant qualifications desired, and application form.