- Location: Morrisville, NC
- Close Date: 06/15/2020
- Hiring Organization: Democracy NC
- Contact Name: HR Director
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
This full time, temporary position will begin on July 1, 2020, and end on November 30, 2020. The Voter Protection Project Coordinator will support Democracy North Carolina’s portfolio of voter protection activities leading up to the 2020 General Election. The coordinator will be responsible for implementing the organization’s Voter Protector program, which will recruit, train, and place between 500 and 1,000 volunteers at polling places across the state during the 2020 General Election.
This position involves coordination and support for a fast-paced program with multiple responsibilities across different program areas. The project coordinator will report to the Voter Protection Project Manager (another temporary, full-time position) and be a member of Democracy NC’s Advocacy Team. They will work in collaboration with other departments, including Organizing, Campaigns, and Communications, and with coalition partners and volunteers.
If permissible under governmental public health guidance at that time, this position will require a significant amount of travel around the state during the months of September and October 2020. Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel upwards of 20 hours per week during these months. When not traveling, the project coordinator will work out of Democracy NC’s office in Morrisville. Please note that the candidate must be able to work remotely, as dictated by the organizational policy during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Vote Protector Program
• Manage the administration and logistics for our poll monitoring program, including:
• Recruiting a large pool of volunteers from across the state using a variety of in-person and digital strategies,
• Planning and implementing roughly 15-20 in-person training across the state, as well as several online trainings
• Facilitating data collection from volunteers in order to place 500 – 1,000 poll monitors at voting sites across North Carolina.
• Manage the distribution and collection of materials to volunteers across the state.
• Collaborate with the Advocacy Team to ensure that the assignments process for volunteers runs smoothly.
• Respond to volunteers and other community stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Assist Voter Protection Project Manager with Adopt a Precinct Program, including:
• Recruiting grassroots organizations for program
• Working with organizations to train and staff volunteers at their adopted precincts
• Communicating with organizations to perform rapid response on Election Day.
• Assist with final reporting for the Election Protection program, including metrics and testimonials.
• Support the Election Protection hotline during Early Voting, as directed by the Voter Protection Project Manager.
• Submit weekly reports to the Voter Protection Project Manager and Advocacy Director.
• Work collaboratively with other Democracy NC staff, coalition partners, and contractors to implement the components of our 2020 Election Protection Program (as described above).
• Strong project coordination and event planning skills, including experience with large-scale logistics.
• Ability to work independently with honed problem-solving skills. Proactive, self-starter.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a fast-paced team.
• Reliable and quick at data entry. Comfortable learning new technology quickly.
• Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and manage multiple projects at various stages of completion.
• Clear, direct communication skills (written and verbal). Comfortable speaking on the phone to different kinds of people, including cold-calls.
• Some familiarity with, or a strong interest in, North Carolina elections law and procedures.
• Flexibility to work in an office setting or manage work remotely.
• Experience with volunteer management preferred.
• Experience leading training or teaching groups preferred.
• Familiarity with online texting platforms and databases preferred.
• At least 1-2 years’ experience in advocacy or organizing efforts preferred.
$18,000 to $20,000 for 5 months, depending on experience. Full benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance and a retirement plan.
Email cover letter, resume, and list of three references to email@example.com. Please put the Voter Protection Project Coordinator and your Name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.