- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Close Date: 08/31/2022
- Hiring Organization: CleanAIRE NC
- Contact Name: Katie Weeks
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Website
CleanAIRE NC is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Executive Director of the only statewide organization focused exclusively on air quality. The Executive Director has the overall responsibility for CleanAIRE’s mission and will serve as the organization’s chief advocate, collaborator, and spokesperson. Do you…
- Thrive building community and collaborations
- Prioritize justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Enjoy connecting grassroot efforts, legal policy, and scientific expertise to make an impact
- Bring environmental and clean air expertise
- Think strategically, ensuring the greatest impact
- Excel at non-profit management and staff development
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director of CleanAIRE NC leads the organization in executing all aspects of its mission. Chief among all responsibilities is championing the mission of CleanAIRE NC and leading positive relationships among staff, volunteers, partners, donors, and the community.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The new leader must demonstrate a firm commitment, understanding, and passion for CleanAIRE NC’s mission.
- Five or more years in a leadership position or commensurate experience with demonstrated success in organizational management including strategic planning, fundraising, operations, volunteer management, and/or program development.
- Experience raising contributed revenue for the nonprofit sector.
- A proven track record in building coalitions across a wide spectrum of personalities and professions.
- Understand lobbying and the legislative process.
- Inspire others through written and verbal communications.
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of operations and budgeting.
- High social and emotional intelligence, integrity, and sound judgment.
Salary offered for this position is 100k-115k and benefits include medical, dental & vision coverage, paid-time-off (PTO), 403(b), company paid holidays, cell phone allowance, and parental leave. This full-time (40 hours per week) position requires occasional evening meetings, weekend work, and overnight travel.
Armstrong McGuire & Associates, based in North Carolina, is conducting this search in partnership with CleanAIRE NC’s Board of Directors. To apply, click on the link to the CleanAIRE NC position profile at https://armstrongmcguire.applytojob.com/apply/yVuRzWd1Xc/Executive-Director-CleanAIRE-NC. You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume, and professional references. No phone calls please, and no applications will be accepted by email or through third-party sites.
Applications are being reviewed and the position will remain posted until a hiring decision has been made. Hiring to be finalized in August and a preferred start date of early September.
CleanAIRE NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, ancestry, national origin, age, gender,